Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another new hobby. Maybe.

Folks who know me know I have some sort of hobby ADD. I tend to get over-my-head involved in something, get burned out and then abandon it altogether. That's something I'm working on getting under control.

That said, I'm eying a new endeavor: homebrewing. I have a couple books on the way. I plan on doing my research before I just run out and buy a kit. I know what the plus is: I made beer. I aim to learn the negatives, such as cost, equipment, time, space for equipment, failure rate, etc. Perhaps I'll discover that just isn't a good fit for me.

Here are the two books I'm starting with:

How to Brew: Everything You Need To Know To Brew Beer Right The First Time by John J. Palmer

The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Third Edition by Charlie Papazian


If I decide this is something I can tackle, then hopefully in a few months, we'll be sitting around enjoying beer I brewed. If not, we'll sit around and enjoy beer someone else brewed. One of those win-win situations.

No comments: