Thursday, November 13, 2008

iBrew

Tomorrow, I make my journey to Geneseo for homebrewing supplies/ingredients. I've been doing some reading and once you wade through all the math and funny names, it's not entirely different than baking bread. Yeast, patience, etc.

I'll most likely start with a Belgian wit or a cloudy wheat ... I know, not a huge difference. I'll also start with the shortcut method of a malt extract as opposed to all-grain brewing. I get the feeling using the extracts is like using training wheels: You're brewing, but not really brewing.

My goal is to be drinking beer I brewed by my birthday.

2 comments:

JR Tschopp said...

A wise man once pointed out to me that Geneseo is not Galesburg.

Orange Guy said...

Oh, you know how it with those small towns. They all look alike to me.