Sunday, November 9, 2008

It Takes a Village Inn

People who know me well know that I do not patronize chain restaurants unless every other option has been exhausted. With one exception. The Village Inn on 53rd St. in Davenport is a well-oiled machine that never falters. The service is always flawless, the staff friendly and the food well-prepared. The strawberry crepes at breakfast are amazing. Ditto on the crispy, buttery hashbrowns.

I'm not sure what the difference is ... Why I can justify going there. A lot of the chain restaurants just feel off, almost as if the employees show up to work and are in it for themselves with little regard for the group as a whole. Not so at the 53rd VI. Despite being a national chain, it gives off a vibe of a family run business. The staff there know patrons by name, greet people with sincere smiles, etc. I've been to other Village Inns and this is unique to the Davenport location.

OK, end of my chain rant for the day.

No comments: